Something about this and something about that and something about something else

So far I'm still playing SpaceCowboy. But the fact that the opposing nation is filled with people that allows them to zerg rush my nation is getting on my nervs. Right now I avoid the nation wars as they are too unbalanced and I don't have the equipment necessary to last more than 10 seconds on the battlefield.

On other news, just this week and next week of these demonic classes of economics, just two more weeks.

Looking back, economics was the worst choice I could ever choose. Simply because what I really wanted to be was an interpretative dancer. Well, not really a dancer, I'm just joking here. But the fact is that I very well could be a dancer and I would fell better in those all to revealing outfits than in business suit.

Now, on the health front. I'm still offering half my kingdom for a cigarette. But it would be so easy for me to get my one pack of deadly tobacco given the fact that they are so easily avaliable in almost every corner of this god forsaken city. But doing so would be the first blow to my not so iron will. I mean, I could buy them but then the temptation would be to open them, then to pick one cigarette and lit it up.

The longer I stay from tobacco the safest I could be. But the fact that nicotine is so engrave in my system and that right now it craves so much for it is not helping. Every day I struggle to the simple idea of smoking again. I could simply rationalize the situation as "if I'm going to die, might as well die with my favorite drug". But that is so simple and I make a decesion two and a half years ago to stop smoking. Then again it wouldn't be the first time I betray myself.

Changing topics, I'm currently using Windows Vista Public Beta 2. Or in other words, the next OS from MicroSoft. It's like XP with a huge facelift. Sadly, it does not have the support that XP currently has. Sure it has eye candy but iTunes is not working as it should. I can't see my fansub videos on full screen, most be the codec or Windows Media Player 11, or both. Opera runs fine and looks even better than in XP. The instant messengers could not connect to their protocols. SpaceCowboy won't go higher than 1024x768 when in XP I run it at 1280x1024. Vista's Media Center can play the videos on fullscreen but they are all pixelated. Oddly enought the Ergo Proxy mkv fansubs look better in Vista than in XP, but all the other video files don't.

The list could go and go and go as certain battery bunny. It's not my intent to write all that here, I just needed to say it.

Now, on the political front I can't believe how stupid people is. I won't go into that matter since I'm not good at social criticism since I think all the people is in some form stupid and unrational. The pick one party because it offer some unrational things that seem to be rational. They pick other party because they love to hate the other party. Some pick a political party because it was the common place for over seventy years. Others discard their election in favor of two small parties that just want to farm the budget for six years.

Some might choose an idiot that spends millions on some tv spots and that claims that the other candidates are afraid of him. But is just the political village idiot. And there are some that harbors the anarchist flag calling for a social revolution and a true change and somethig stupid about this failed comunist shit. But they are mainly idiots who are just waiting their place in the political queue of some damnable party.

And others, like me, just don't care anymore.

I wonder, when will the great disaster would come. You know, the one where the oceans rise wiping all costal cities, when the Pacific volcanic ring would open all the gates of this planet core and burn everything, when gigantic tsunamis wipe half of Asia, when the food is so scarce that China would turn into a desert land, when earthquakes fracture the land in tiny bits of rock, when raging tornados destroy everythig in their path, when the machines would plug us into the Matrix.

I'm just a fatalist here. I have always been.

It all that were to happend I could justify smoking a cigarette.


About this entry