The world cup is boring....

As the mayority of the hot blooded males in this god forsaken country, there is a vein inside of me that activates every four years, the World Cup. And as since I have memory, I had viewed and enjoyed this expectarcular event. That is since Italy 90 because I don't remeber anything from Mexico 86. Well, the only thing that I remember is something that has nothing to do with soccer, well it does, I was on my school soccer team. But I don't really remember is it was that year or two years later.

Anyway, thanks to a mediocre mexican team I can safetly say that this world cup is boring as hell. The fact that I'm still in college by this time of the year does not help either, and the fact that most of the matches are broadcasted only via SKY (which I lack) means that at most I most listen to the matches via radio. Not as fun as watching them, but interesting nontheless.

So, Mexico qualified to the next round. Not by own merits, but because Iran was fortunate enought to score a goal to Angola. With that goal of Iran, the goal difference benefits Mexico because both Mexico and Angola have 4 points, but Mexico's difference was +1 while Angola's was 0.

When Mister Lavolpe promised to reach the now mytical and almost urban legend "Match number five" everybody fucking believe in that. When Fox promised 7% of growth, everybody fucking believe that. When the Peje promised not to run for president everybody fucking believe that. When I promised not to update this thing I doubt anybody fucking believe me. Because, let's face it, nobody reads this god forsaken blog.

Well, maybe 2 or 3 people maximun. Excluding search bots of Google and Technorati. But it's just so fun to write and nobody seems to care..

By the way, the world cup is boring.

About this entry